Wednesday 19 February 2014

Indie books publishing at Smashwords

I do my indie books publishing using Smashwords, firstly for my non-fiction books, now intending to use Smashwords for my erotica fiction, erotic stories. I got to know about Smashwords some time back, but only started using them in 2013. Mark Coker and his team really done a great job in helping indie authors moving forward. Kudos to them!

By following their guide and intuitive screen instruction, I got my first book published in less than an hour, available almost immediately in Smashwords website itself. Smashwords then helps indie authors distribute their ebooks to major e-retailers such as Apple’s iBooks, Barnes & Noble, Kobo and etc. except Amazon (at time of writing this post) because of the royalty structure of Amazon. Anyways, for a full list of e-retailers doing business with Smashwords, do visit their website.

The best feature of Smahwords would be its ability to do a Pre-order launch of new books to Apple, Barnes & Noble and Kobo!  Pre-orders essentially accumulated sales during the preorder period so that your book may have the chance to rise in the bestseller lists in those e-stores. Smashwords’ other features include:
  • FREE ISBNs. Or, use your own.
  •  FREE ebook conversion to multiple formats from a Word .doc.
  •  FREE unlimited anytime-updates to books and metadata.
  •  FREE consolidated sales reporting simplifies year-end tax reporting.
  •  FREE centralized metadata management.
  •  FREE exclusive marketing and selling tools such as our Smashwords Coupon Manager, Smashwords Series Manager and Smashwords Interviews!

For a first time author like myself, I find Smashwords very useful. I can concentrate in writing good books, while they take care of the distribution. 

I have an up-coming fiction of contemporary erotica genre and this will be my first fiction piece to go into Smashwords.

No comments:

Post a Comment